1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by one of the following two routes:
a) via Instagram, by having a valid Instagram account and following @mtvstayingalive and @onecondomsuk and like the ‘Private Parts’ competition post on Instagram; OR
b) by emailing laura,email@example.com with your name and contact telephone number with ‘MTV SAF and Made In Chelsea Competition’ in the subject line.
3. Costs to enter the competition via the internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
Entrants entering via Instagram must ensure that their Instagram account remains open and they continue to follow both @mtvstayingalive and @ONEcondomsUK throughout the duration of the competition. Instagram entrants who fail to do either of these will be disqualified.
4. The closing date for entries is 17:45 (GMT) on 1 December 2018.
5. This competition is open to residents of the UK only (excluding Northern Ireland).
To enter the competition, entrants must be eighteen (18) or over at the date of entry. This competition is not open to employees and immediate relatives of employees of the MTV Staying Alive Foundation (the “Promoter”) and/or Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited and/or ONE Condoms or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
6. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize(s) does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. This competition shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. All entrants must adhere to Instagram’s rules or terms of service in respect of this competition.
8. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
9. One (1) winner will be selected. This will be the first entry randomly drawn from all correct entries received. A further five (5) runners up will also be selected. These will be the next five (5) entries randomly drawn from all correct entries received after the winner has been selected.
10. The winner and the runners up will be selected as soon as reasonably practicable after the close of the competition.
11. The winner shall receive for himself/herself and one (1) guest* a meet and greet session with two cast members of ‘Made In Chelsea’ and watch them record their podcast ‘Private Parts’. The winner shall also receive a year’s supply of condoms** (for the winner only) (the “Main Prize”).
*The winner’s guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
**The number of condoms shall be at the Promoter’s sole discretion and subject to stock availability and delivered to UK addresses only.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Main Prize does not include any travel or accommodation. The winner and their guest will need to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements for coming to London.
THE WINNER AND HIS/HER GUEST MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL TO LONDON AND TAKE UP THE MAIN PRIZE ON A DATE TO BE ADVISED BY THE PROMOTER. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
12. The runners up will each receive a year’s supply of condoms (the number of condoms shall be at the Promoter’s sole discretion and subject to stock availability) (the “Runner Up Prize”).
13. For the avoidance of doubt, the Main Prize and the Runner Up Prize do not consist of anything other than expressly set out in Terms 11 and 12 above and no additional costs (including, without limitation, spending money) are included.
14. The winner and runners up may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the competition prior to receiving their prize.
15. The winner and runners up are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the relevant prize description.
16. The winner and runners up will be notified by direct message on Instagram or by email (as appropriate), and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize, as soon as reasonably practicable after being notified that they are a winner or runner up.
17. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the winner or a runner up after the third attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner or runner up, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner or runner up.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner or runner up in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner or runner up has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner or runner up will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner or runner up.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the prize in the event that, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries or the entries received are of insufficient quality for the Promoter to be able to select a winner or runner up. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winner or runner up. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition (“Submissions”) in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit.
21. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner or runner up.
22. Instagram takes on no responsibilities in respect of this competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants will be providing information to Promoter only and not to Instagram.
23. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
25. No purchase necessary.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner and/or their guest and/or any runner up under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood, natural catastrophes, or global health crises. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner and/or their guest and/or any runner up shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
27. Nothing in these Terms shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter.
28. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
29. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MTV Staying Alive Foundation, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (specifying the name of the competition), for one (1) month after the competition closes.
31. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
32. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
33. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
34. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Staying Alive Foundation, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: ……………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:…………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………